18 May 2017
ALL COUNCILLORS ARE SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE ANNUAL MEETING OF CHARMOUTH PARISH COUNCIL ON TUESDAY 23rd MAY 2017 AT 7.30PM AT THE ELMS, ST ANDREWS DRIVE, CHARMOUTH.
THE PUBLIC AND THE PRESS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND AND LISTEN TO PROCEEDINGS.
1. To elect a Chair of the Council and receive the Chair’s declaration of office.
2. To elect a Vice-Chair of the Council.
3. (a) To appoint a representative to the Friends of Charmouth Library.
(b) To appoint a Footpath Liaison Officer(s).
(c) To appoint 2 Trustees for Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre.
(d) To appoint 2 representatives for the Almshouse Charities.
(e) To appoint a Public Transport Representative.
(f) To appoint 2 representatives for the DAPTC Western Area Committee.
(g) To appoint a representative for the St Andrews Community Hall Management Committee.
(h) To appoint a representative for the Bridport Area Partnership Committee.
(i) To appoint a representative for the Lyme Regis Area Partnership.
(j) To appoint a Tree Officer.
(k) To appoint a Highways Officer.
(l) To appoint a representative to the Twinning Association.
(m) To appoint a Flood Warden/Deputy.
(n) To appoint a representative for the Dorset Partnership for Older People Project.
(o) To appoint a representative to the Charmouth Local History Society (Pavey Group).
4. To appoint a Foreshore Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
5. To appoint a Playing Field, Cemetery and Street Management Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
6. To appoint a Planning Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
7. To appoint a Finance Committee – to consist of Chairs of Foreshore and Playing Field Committees, Chair and Vice Chair of Council and one other Councillor as Chair.
8. To appoint a Works Sub-Committee (an ad hoc Sub-committee of the Finance Committee) – (5 members) - being the Chairs of Finance, Foreshore, HR and Playing Fields and Cemetery committees and one other Councillor – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
9. To appoint a HR Committee – (5 members) – Chair to be elected at the first meeting.
10. To consider whether or when the meeting should be adjourned to hear comments from the public.
11. To receive apologies.
12. Declaration of Interest.
13. Public participation – limited to half an hour.
14. Dorset County Council Issues (County Councillor Daryl Turner to report).
15. West Dorset District Council Issues (District Councillor, Daryl Turner to report).
16. To consider the Minutes of the Meeting held on 25th April 2017 (circulated by e-mail).
17. To consider any Matters Arising from the Minutes (for report only).
18. To receive and consider the report of the Foreshore Committee held on 2nd May 2017, attached.
19. To receive the report of the Playing Field, Cemetery and Street Management Committee held on
2nd May 2017, attached.
20. To receive and consider the report of the Planning Committee held on 9th May 2017, attached.
21. To receive Balance of Accounts and Approve Expenditure (attached).
22. To receive the monthly accounts for April 2017 (attached).
23. Issues relating to Finance and General Purposes Committee (no meeting held in May)
(a) Pavey Room alterations.
24. Reports from nominated representatives of organisations or representatives attending meetings on behalf of the Council.
25 To receive Correspondence and Communications (see separate up to date list provided at meeting).
26. Exchange of Information
(a) Cllr Noel to refer to View From Lyme article re: Lyme Regis Town Council restructuring of committees and staff workload.
Mrs L Tuck, Clerk to the Council